Double Case Flow Meter
Materials of Construction
- Meter housing:
Steel or stainless steel (epoxy coated steel available for aviation and other
- Meter element and rotors:
Cast aluminum (other metalurgies available including cast iron and stainless steel)
- Internal components:
Aluminum, Ni-Resist, stainless steel, iron
- Seal materials
Buna-N, Viton®, PTFE
Carbon, PTFE, Ni-Resist
Liquid Controls steel-case MS-Series rotary motion positive displacement (PD) meters offer the ultimate in flow measurement accuracy for bulk custody transfer of petroleum products, aviation fuels, LPG, crude oil, petrochemicals, and a broad range of industrial liquids. MS-Series meters incorporate a unique design, presenting minimal intrusion in a flowing stream of liquid, as well as minimal pressure drop through the meter.
Liquid Controls MS-Series meters consist of an outer spherical steel-case shell with flanged inlet and outlet ports. The shell houses a traditional LC metering element that employs three rotating and synchronized rotors. These rotors accurately segment flow into a precise volume of liquid for each revolution, with no metal-to-metal contact inside the measuring chamber. Hydraulic sealing between the rotors and the measuring chamber wall is accomplished by a stationary boundary layer of liquid—not by the wiping action of mechanical parts—thereby ensuring sustained accuracy, long service life with minimal wear, and low pressure drop suitable for operation on gravity low or pump pressure.
All MS-Series spherical shells are constructed of steel or stainless steel. Epoxy coated versions are available for aviation applications. Metering elements are available in metallurgies and seal materials suitable for a wide range of petroleum, petrochemical, and industrial applications.
MS-Series Positive Displacement Flow Meters:
|Pressure Rating||150psi / 10.5 BAR||275psi / 19 BAR||300psi / 21 BAR||720psi / 50 BAR||1,440psi / 100 BAR|
|Pressure Rating||150psi / 10.5 BAR|
|Pressure Rating||275psi / 19 BAR|
|Pressure Rating||300psi / 21 BAR|
|Pressure Rating||720psi / 50 BAR|
|Pressure Rating||1,440psi / 100 BAR|
|Available Models||Size||Maximum Nominal Flow Rate|
|MS, MSAA, MSA, MSB or MSC 7||2″||380 L/min|
|MS, MSAA, MSA, MSB or MSC 15||3″||760 L/min|
|MS, MSAA, MSA, MSB or MSC 30||3″||1,325 L/min|
|MS or MSAA 40||3″||1,700 L/min|
|MS, MSAA, MSA, MSB or MSC 75||4″||2,650 L/min|
|MS, MSAA, MSA, MSB or MSC 120*||6″ or 8″||3,785 L/min|
*Rated to 4542 L/min with 8″ flanges
- Size: 2”, 3”, 4” & 6”
- Flow Range: up to 4000LPM
- Linearity: +/-0.1 % over 10: 1 range Available in high pressure rating
- MS Series meters are ideal for bulk measurement of product during loading and unloading of tanks, transports, railcars, ships, barges, and more.
- The MS Series meters are housed in a spherical steel case for higher system pressure applications up to 1,440 PSI. MS Series spherical case meters provide the ruggedness, accuracy, and selection of inlet/outlet configurations to handle nearly any bulk metering requirement.
- Meter accessories include bulk air/vapor eliminators, strainers, valves, and mechanical or electronic registers.
- Skid systems are designed to accommodate all necessary ancillary equipment including strainers, air eliminators, valves, and a selection of mechanical or electronic registers and load computers.
- Systems come fully piped and ready for installation and field calibration.
- Prover systems are also available built to customer specifications.
For more details, please fill in the Quick Contact Form and send it to us. We will be glad to assist!