Smells like Problem? Allow us to clear it with our Proven Anhydrous Ammonia Liquid and Vapor Handling Engineering Solutions Challenges!!
What makes Anhydrous NH3 Difficult in handling?
- Precise leakage control as Anhydrous Ammonia has a very characteristic odor and the odor is the strongest safety feature of the product.
- Minimization / elimination of impurities like oil, moisture, etc. is an inherent demand of Anhydrous Ammonia at industrial level applications.
- Equipment suitable for moderately high pressure.
- Different Capacity Requirements based on different applications.
- Compatible Material of Construction suitable for Anhydrous Ammonia with other gas mixtures in the stream mainly for critical process applications.
- Preference for minimum utility requirement, Energy Efficient and Maintenance-Friendly solution
How we overcome these challenges:
- Packing sets designed for precise leakage control.
- Separating oil chamber from the gas compression chamber with non-lubricated wetted parts. Use of skid accessories for preventing entrants such as moisture, condensates, impurities.
- Wide Pressure Rating range available with Models
- Capacity Options available…. Smaller vertical machines to larger horizontals with capacity control options.
- Different and robust Material options to meet the demands of volatile and toxic gases
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership combined with simple break-and –build model for ease of operation and maintenance.
CORKEN’s Reciprocating Gas Compressors (following general compliance to API 618 guidelines with accepted deviations), along with our pre-engineered mountings are used for Both Liquid Transfer and Vapor Recovery of ammonia from railcars or trucks to storage facilities, Storage Decommissioning, Process Gas Applications.
Coro Vane Series – Positive Displacement Sliding Vane Pumps – used for bulk transfer of NH3 involving larger flows but smaller differential pressures.
Coro flo Series – Dynamic Regenerative Turbine Pumps involving medium to high differential pressures and smaller flows.
- About IDEX
- Success Stories